ANN: StepSync 1.0

Riccardo Mottola-5
STEPSYNC 1.0
------------

What is it?
-----------

StepSync is a file sync tool or a back-up tool.

StepSync allows synchronization of folders, optionally recursively
descending in sub-folders. It allows thus various options of performing
backups: pure insertion, updates and including full synchronization by
importing changes from target to source.

Where to get it?
----------------

It is available from the GNUstep Application Project, under GPL v2 or later:

http://gap.nongnu.org/stepsync/index.html

To compile the sources, GNUstep itself is needed.
It is also available for native MacOS (even compatible with 10.3 on
PowerPC) or from Source.

First release!
After months of development and testing, I consider it stable enough, I
tested it with thousands of files and folders.

Regards - Riccardo

Re: ANN: StepSync 1.0

Arthur de Gobineau
Hello Riccardo,

I saw that your new app had a release announcement article featured on
Phoronix, congratulations. Very cool!

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=GNUstep-StepSync-1.0

On 9/29/18 7:15 AM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> STEPSYNC 1.0
> ------------
>

> What is it?
> -----------
>
> StepSync is a file sync tool or a back-up tool.
>

> StepSync allows synchronization of folders, optionally recursively
> descending in sub-folders. It allows thus various options of
> performing backups: pure insertion, updates and including full
> synchronization by importing changes from target to source.
>

> Where to get it?
> ----------------
>
> It is available from the GNUstep Application Project, under GPL v2 or
> later:
>
> http://gap.nongnu.org/stepsync/index.html
>

> To compile the sources, GNUstep itself is needed.
> It is also available for native MacOS (even compatible with 10.3 on
> PowerPC) or from Source.
>

> First release!
> After months of development and testing, I consider it stable enough,
> I tested it with thousands of files and folders.
>

> Regards - Riccardo

Re: ANN: StepSync 1.0

Richard Stallman
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]

Congratulations on the new release.

--
Dr Richard Stallman