Affiche.app and AClock.app : Bad Application Icons : SOLVED

Affiche.app and AClock.app : Bad Application Icons : SOLVED

GNUstep - General mailing list
Hi All,

The issue was simple : I just added a line in the GNUMakefile, before
compiling and installing :
The begining of the GNUmakefile is like this for Affiche.app :

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

# The application to be compiled
APP_NAME = Affiche
VERSION = 0.6.0
PACKAGE_NAME = Affiche
Affiche_APPLICATION_ICON = Affiche.tiff

As you can guess it, the concerned  line is :
Affiche_APPLICATION_ICON = Affiche.tiff

I did the same for AClock.app, after I copied the file associated from
the Rik Theme Resource (my Current Theme is Heritage)
AClock_APPLICATION_ICON = AClock.tiff

Now, I get the same right icon with the Application Icon (docked or in
the File Viewer), as on the Info Panel and in the Miniwindow. All is
visually consistent. Of course, the clock is running only inside the
miniwindow.

Bien cordialement,
Patrick CARDONA

Re: Affiche.app and AClock.app : Bad Application Icons : SOLVED

Svetlana Tkachenko-3

Does this resolve the "Affiche has a generic GNUstep icon until I double-click it"? I think this issue is present in Debian and it would be nice to have the fix added here.

Re: Affiche.app and AClock.app : Bad Application Icons : SOLVED

GNUstep - General mailing list
Hi Svetlana,

On 2020-06-18 00:32:19 +0200 Svetlana Tkachenko
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Patrick Cardona (via discuss-gnustep) wrote:
>> As you can guess it, the concerned  line is :
>> Affiche_APPLICATION_ICON = Affiche.tiff
>
> Does this resolve the "Affiche has a generic GNUstep icon until I
> double-click it"? I think this issue is present in Debian and it
> would be
> nice to have the fix added here.

Yes, this simple hack resolved the issue. Either on the File view of
the "Applications" folder, or on the Dock with the three dots before
launching it, the icon is now consistent everywhere.

---
Regards,
Patrick

On 2020-06-18 00:32:19 +0200 Svetlana Tkachenko
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Patrick Cardona (via discuss-gnustep) wrote:
>> As you can guess it, the concerned  line is :
>> Affiche_APPLICATION_ICON = Affiche.tiff
>
> Does this resolve the "Affiche has a generic GNUstep icon until I
> double-click it"? I think this issue is present in Debian and it
> would be
> nice to have the fix added here.

Yes, it did it : the icon is now consistent everywhere (Application
File view, Dock with the three dots before launching...

--
Bien cordialement,
Patrick CARDONA