[CFT] FreeBSD GNUstep ports update

David Chisnall
Hello the list,

I have updated all of the GNUstep ports that portscout[1] tells me are out of date.  There may be others that are out of date.  If you are responsible for any GNUstep software that has had an update in the last year that I might have missed, please check on FreshPorts [2] to see if we’re packaging the latest version.

I’ve attached the diff to the ports tree with the updates.  I won’t commit it until I’ve had some feedback (at which point I’ll also need to bump the PORTREVISION of everything that depends on -base and -gui to catch the ABI changes).  Let me know if this works for you.  The easiest way to build this is to apply it to a ports tree managed with poudriere and then run poudriere bulk and tell it to build the gnustep metaport - this will build pretty much everything in the ports tree that uses GNUstep.

David

[1] https://portscout.freebsd.org/theraven@...
[2] http://www.freshports.org

gnustep-ports.diff (10K) Download Attachment

Re: [CFT] FreeBSD GNUstep ports update

David Chisnall wrote:
> I have updated all of the GNUstep ports that portscout[1] tells me are out of date.  There may be others that are out of date.  If you are responsible for any GNUstep software that has had an update in the last year that I might have missed, please check on FreshPorts [2] to see if we’re packaging the latest version.

I checked mines and they seem fine. It reminds me some stuff needs a new
release, I'll try my best in the next weeks.
You did not have any particular issues with some older release apps?

Riccaro

On 22 May 2017, at 19:51, Riccardo Mottola <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> David Chisnall wrote:
>> I have updated all of the GNUstep ports that portscout[1] tells me are out of date.  There may be others that are out of date.  If you are responsible for any GNUstep software that has had an update in the last year that I might have missed, please check on FreshPorts [2] to see if we’re packaging the latest version.
>
> I checked mines and they seem fine. It reminds me some stuff needs a new release, I'll try my best in the next weeks.
> You did not have any particular issues with some older release apps?

I haven’t yet done a build test with the existing apps.  There were a couple of warnings each in -base and -gui that looked important (I recall one in GSMime that looked like a logic bug).