DictionaryReader : how to set another dict

DictionaryReader : how to set another dict

Patrick
Hi All,

I would like to use DictionaryReader and the lookup associate service
within a french dictionary.
I saw in the Resources directory there is a jargon.dict, but how to
set another dict ?
The preferences item is grayed, so I do not find the way to change
this.

Bye!
Patrick

Re: DictionaryReader : how to set another dict

Ivan Vučica-2
I found dictionaryreader here: https://github.com/etoile/DictionaryReader

I can't run it right now as I'm not on a GNUstep-capable device. But maybe this will help:

Looks like besides reading local files, the app talks to a service at dict.org:
Dictionary preferences and maybe even dictionaries seem to live in ~/GNUstep/Library/DictionaryReader  **

Finally, why not imitate the layout of the Resources directory and drop in the French dictionary next to jargon.dict?

(Again, these are blind suggestions, I don't know what the app looks like.)

** Nitpick: this is a bug, but not related to what you are seeing (grayed-out prefs item). There is no reason why the home library folder should be in ~/GNUstep/Library, it's just the current default.