NSGenericException: lock

Patrick
Hi All,

Sometimes, this Exception is occurring :

> NSGenericException: lock
> '/tmp/GNUstepSecure1000/GSLaunchedApplications.lock' already broken

Then, at the next attempt to run the app, nothing worse happen, and
things seem to go on without errors.
Should I consider something is badly set ?
Where ?

Bye !
Patrick

Re: NSGenericException: lock

Bertrand Dekoninck

> Le 24 juil. 2018 à 19:29, Patrick CARDONA <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi All,
>
> Sometimes, this Exception is occurring :
>
>> NSGenericException: lock '/tmp/GNUstepSecure1000/GSLaunchedApplications.lock' already broken
>
> Then, at the next attempt to run the app, nothing worse happen, and things seem to go on without errors.
> Should I consider something is badly set ?
> Where ?
>
> Bye !
> Patrick

This is a known bug already fixed in current gnustep. This threading issue is annoying but almost harmless.
Bertrand

Re: NSGenericException: lock

Richard Frith-Macdonald-9

> On 24 Jul 2018, at 21:15, [hidden email] wrote:
>

>> Le 24 juil. 2018 à 19:29, Patrick CARDONA <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Sometimes, this Exception is occurring :
>>
>>> NSGenericException: lock '/tmp/GNUstepSecure1000/GSLaunchedApplications.lock' already broken
>>
>> Then, at the next attempt to run the app, nothing worse happen, and things seem to go on without errors.
>> Should I consider something is badly set ?
>> Where ?
>>
>> Bye !
>> Patrick
>>

> This is a known bug already fixed in current gnustep. This threading issue is annoying but almost harmless.
> Bertrand

It was being reported quite a bit a while back, and I'm pretty sure it's fixed now (I've seen no problems with it since the fix in June last year).
Using a release rather than trunk, you would need the gnustep-base-1.25.1 bugfix release from last December.