Pure Swift Cross-platform UIKit (Cocoa Touch) implementation (Supports Linux)

Pure Swift Cross-platform UIKit (Cocoa Touch) implementation (Supports Linux)

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Hi,

today I came across this library which is a pure Swift Cross-platform UIKit (Cocoa Touch) implementation

Since this is a GNUstep topic (in the broadest sense) I just thought I share this link here in case anyone is interested:

https://github.com/PureSwift/Cacao

Have Fun!

        Lars

Re: Pure Swift Cross-platform UIKit (Cocoa Touch) implementation (Supports Linux)

brunomaximom
Nice project. Swift is a great language, but I'd prefer a reimplementation in one of these languages:
1) C# if you want/need a "pure" object-oriented language like Java but better than it or
2) Go if you want/need a very well designed, smart and flexible language, maybe with a OOP minimal library.
IMHO.

> Hi,
>
> today I came across this library which is a pure Swift Cross-platform UIKit (Cocoa Touch) implementation
>
> Since this is a GNUstep topic (in the broadest sense) I just thought I share this link here in case anyone is interested:
>
> https://github.com/PureSwift/Cacao
>

> Have Fun!
>
> Lars

Re: Pure Swift Cross-platform UIKit (Cocoa Touch) implementation (Supports Linux)

brunomaximom
> How about implementing uikit in objective c? :)

I can be wrong, but I can't see any future for objective-c as a language anymore for productivity and leaning curve reasons. People tend to drop/replace it nowadays. Some IT companies in my town have started to migrate to Swift adding Swift code in existing ObjC projects and writing new software completely in Swift too. This is just my view of actual scenario, please don't misunderstand me.