Screenhot application in GNUStep

edwin ancaer
Hello,

I have 2 small, practical questions

1. I saw that  in the services menu of GNUMail, I could create tasks
inSimpleAgenda. I seem to have some issues here, and I would like to
add some   screenshots to my questions. I could use ImageMagick, but
that seems a little to complicated to just take a screenshot, so I was
wondering if some GNUStep app exists to take screenshots, like start
the app, draw a rectangle and push OK to take the screenshot (like the
snipping tool in Wondows, eg.)

2. I started GNUMail from the WindowMaker dock. Where is the logging
going in this case?

Thanks for helping me out,

Edwin Ancaer

Of course my mails are send with GNUMail 1.3 from now on

Re: Screenhot application in GNUStep

On 08/22/18 15:41, edwin ancaer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have 2 small, practical questions
>
> 1. I saw that  in the services menu of GNUMail, I could create tasks
> inSimpleAgenda. I seem to have some issues here, and I would like to
> add some   screenshots to my questions. I could use ImageMagick, but
> that seems a little to complicated to just take a screenshot, so I was
> wondering if some GNUStep app exists to take screenshots, like start
> the app, draw a rectangle and push OK to take the screenshot (like the
> snipping tool in Wondows, eg.)

Unfortunately, not that I know of. If you have scrot, use that... or you
can also use GIMP.

> 2. I started GNUMail from the WindowMaker dock. Where is the logging
> going in this case?

standard output, in my case this is on the console where you started X,
not very convenient.

The best is to start from a terminal so that you can read it. openapp
GNUMail or just GNUMail should be sufficient if starting from the dork
works for you.