SpriteBuilder using GNUStep

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SpriteBuilder using GNUStep

eerimoq
Hello!

SpriteBuilder is a tool for creating iOS apps. It only supports OSX unfortunatly. Would it be possible to use GNUStep to run it on Ubuntu?

There is a short description of SpriteBuilder in the README.md here:

https://github.com/spritebuilder/SpriteBuilder

// Erik
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SpriteBuilder using GNUStep

Riccardo Mottola-5
Hi,

eerimoq wrote:

> Hello!
>
> SpriteBuilder is a tool for creating iOS apps. It only supports OSX
> unfortunatly. Would it be possible to use GNUStep to run it on Ubuntu?
>
> There is a short description of SpriteBuilder in the README.md here:
>
> https://github.com/spritebuilder/SpriteBuilder
>
> // Erik
>
well, I had a quick look... most classes could compile fine, but how
much does it depend on XCode and its toolkits?
Perhaps you can get some parts working on GNUstep and thus Ubuntu, but
what is your goal?

At a first glance it oculd be tha tyou can get some part working and
thus do part of development without a Mac, maybe it is interesting already?

Riccardo

_______________________________________________
Discuss-gnustep mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnustep
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SpriteBuilder using GNUStep

eerimoq

My intention is to use spritebuilder to create .ccb files, containing information about the graphical part of an app. The implementation of the logic is currently using xcode and objc, but I would like to use emacs and JavaScript instead. There is no support for that today though. So as long as spritebuilder could run on Ubuntu I'm satisfied.

Erik

Hi,

eerimoq wrote:

> Hello!
>
> SpriteBuilder is a tool for creating iOS apps. It only supports OSX
> unfortunatly. Would it be possible to use GNUStep to run it on Ubuntu?
>
> There is a short description of SpriteBuilder in the README.md here:
>
> https://github.com/spritebuilder/SpriteBuilder
>
> // Erik
>
well, I had a quick look... most classes could compile fine, but how
much does it depend on XCode and its toolkits?
Perhaps you can get some parts working on GNUstep and thus Ubuntu, but
what is your goal?

At a first glance it oculd be tha tyou can get some part working and
thus do part of development without a Mac, maybe it is interesting already?

Riccardo

_______________________________________________
Discuss-gnustep mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnustep



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://gnustep.8.n7.nabble.com/SpriteBuilder-using-GNUStep-tp37282p37284.html
To unsubscribe from SpriteBuilder using GNUStep, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SpriteBuilder using GNUStep

Riccardo Mottola-5
Hi,

eerimoq wrote:
> My intention is to use spritebuilder to create .ccb files, containing
> information about the graphical part of an app. The implementation of
> the logic is currently using xcode and objc, but I would like to use
> emacs and JavaScript instead. There is no support for that today
> though. So as long as spritebuilder could run on Ubuntu I'm satisfied.
start the port and see how far you get :)

R

_______________________________________________
Discuss-gnustep mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnustep
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SpriteBuilder using GNUStep

eerimoq

Haha I just might :p

On May 21, 2014 5:38 PM, "Riccardo Mottola-5 [via GNUstep]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

eerimoq wrote:
> My intention is to use spritebuilder to create .ccb files, containing
> information about the graphical part of an app. The implementation of
> the logic is currently using xcode and objc, but I would like to use
> emacs and JavaScript instead. There is no support for that today
> though. So as long as spritebuilder could run on Ubuntu I'm satisfied.
start the port and see how far you get :)

R

_______________________________________________
Discuss-gnustep mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnustep



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://gnustep.8.n7.nabble.com/SpriteBuilder-using-GNUStep-tp37282p37286.html
To unsubscribe from SpriteBuilder using GNUStep, click here.
NAML