Ubuntu 16 Success report

Riccardo Mottola-5
Hi All,

just to confirm and prove.
My ThinkPad T43 is running Ubuntu 16 . First, I updated the system.

Then I updated all gnustep core packages and recompiled applications.
GNUstep is configured and compiled with gcc 5.4

I can run GWorkspace just fine and I am writing this precise mail with
GNUMail.

I also enabled opaque window resizing in WindowMaker and played with
PRICE windows containing images as well as GNUMail mail windows.
I even used  one of the OresmeKit examples which has custom Views
drawing data and they resize fine.

Cheers,

Re: Ubuntu 16 Success report

Andreas Höschler
Hi Riccardo,

I also enabled opaque window resizing in WindowMaker and played with PRICE windows containing images as well as GNUMail mail windows.
I even used  one of the OresmeKit examples which has custom Views drawing data and they resize fine.

Window Maker works fine. But try Freds resize.app (posted two weeks or so ago) under unity. This will still show the gui/back bug. :-(

Unfortunately I have serious trouble with Window Maker on the concrete double screen machine I need to use for my project. When I start an app its window appears on the other screen I cannot see. I was not yet able to mirror the two displays to get rid of this problem, but that is BIOS/Hardware related and has nothing to do with Window Maker or GNUstep. Mirroring works under Unity (can be configured in display settings) but unity still has this resize / auto relayout bug, so I can switch tu Unity and thus am still in the dark (non-working state). :-(

Regards,

 Andreas