crashes on gmail all folder

Rachel Phillips
I was using for 1 week , without issues. Then 3 days ago or so, when i click all, gnumail closes. i even removed gmail account and re-added, and no change. i'm using imap.

Re: crashes on gmail all folder

Andreas Schik-6
Hello Rachel,

On 2018-08-08 00:36:46 +0200 Rachel Phillips <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I was using for 1 week , without issues. Then 3 days ago or so, when
> i click
> all, gnumail closes. i even removed gmail account and re-added, and
> no
> change. i'm using imap.

could be a caching issue. Try to remove all files named IMAPCache_* in
$HOME/GNUstep/Libraries/GNUMail. Then start GNUMail again.
I've also heard rumors that GNUMail and gmail won't work together
well. I cannot confirm as I've given up using gmail a long time ago.

Cheers,
Andreas

RFC3156.txt (65 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: crashes on gmail all folder

kanzlei

I want to be removed from this mailing list with all adresses of the domain txt.de. Can you help, please? Kind regards.

Andreas Schik <[hidden email]> hat am 8. August 2018 um 11:44 geschrieben:

Hello Rachel,

Re: crashes on gmail all folder

H. Nikolaus Schaller-2

Am 08.08.2018 um 11:49 schrieb txt AG Rechtsanwälte & Steuerberater <[hidden email]>:

I want to be removed from this mailing list with all adresses of the domain txt.de. Can you help, please? Kind regards.

Re: crashes on gmail all folder

Hi Rachel,

Rachel Phillips wrote:
> I was using for 1 week , without issues. Then 3 days ago or so, when i click all, gnumail closes. i even removed gmail account and re-added, and no change. i'm using imap.

I never used GNUmail with gmail, but more than somebody reported me
issues, gmail being somehow strange, also with other MUAs.

Since you use IMAP a suggestion is to remove your cache files - it is
not necessary to remove and re-add the account. For IMAP the caches will
be regenerated automatically.
What version are you using? 1.3.0 release? maybe some details help...
do you have really many emails?

does the console print out something before crashing, error logs? are
you able to run it in a debugger? A stacktrace could help.

Re: crashes on gmail all folder

edwin ancaer
Andreas,

Since yesterday, I'm using GNUMail with gmail: apparently there is a
security issue.In the google configuration, I had to allow 'less
secure apps' to get access access to my Google account. I do  not know
if there really is a security issue with GNUMail though.

Otherwise, everything seem to work more or less correctly.

Kind regards,
On 2018-08-08 11:44:12 +0200 Andreas Schik <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Rachel,

> On 2018-08-08 00:36:46 +0200 Rachel Phillips <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

>> I was using for 1 week , without issues. Then 3 days ago or so, when
>> i click
>> all, gnumail closes. i even removed gmail account and re-added, and
>> no
>> change. i'm using imap.

> could be a caching issue. Try to remove all files named IMAPCache_* in
> $HOME/GNUstep/Libraries/GNUMail. Then start GNUMail again.
> I've also heard rumors that GNUMail and gmail won't work together
> well. I cannot confirm as I've given up using gmail a long time ago.

> Cheers,
> Andreas
> RFC3156 defines security multipart formats for MIME with
> OpenPGP._______________________________________________
> Discuss-gnustep mailing list

Re: crashes on gmail all folder

Rachel Phillips
Hi Ric,
Im using 1.2.0 on Mac Sierra.
When I click on mailbox, then [gmail],select expand then [all mail] it closes.
console does not show any messages or errors.

Thanks
 Rachel

--
hm <[hidden email]>

Re: crashes on gmail all folder

Rachel Phillips

--
hm <[hidden email]>

 HI Andreas,
Thanks, I was able to access my all folder now the  workaround :
mv IMAP* /todelete
ty,
  Rachel

Re: crashes on gmail all folder

Riccardo Mottola-5
Hi Rachel,

 > Thanks, I was able to access my all folder now the workaround :

> mv IMAP* /todelete

Of course it shouldn't happen, but it does happen :( I hoped latest 1.3.0 Pantomime and GNUMail would improve there.

Re: crashes on gmail all folder

Hi Rachel

On 08/11/18 05:44, hm wrote:
> Im using 1.2.0 on Mac Sierra.
> When I click on mailbox, then [gmail],select expand then [all mail] it closes.
> console does not show any messages or errors.

I suppose it is actually 1.3.0 ? Otherwise update, since it is really old.

However, caching issue do happen and did happen also years ago when
Pantomime was maintained by Ludovic.
Debugging is hard... since probably the issue occoured during write and
one would need to unterstand what has gone wrong.
Pantomime 1.3.0 received some cleanup - Fred helped me there to simplify
and clean some code.

Volunteers, testcases and patches welcome :)