lib dispatch on FreeBSD and Linux?

David Wetzel
Hi!

how is the current state of those?

I did not see anything in the GNUstep wiki.

    dispatch_async(dispatch_get_main_queue(),
                   ^{

does not seem to do anything on FreeBSD.

Is there any up-to-date info?

Thanks!

Re: lib dispatch on FreeBSD and Linux?

David Chisnall
On 3 Dec 2017, at 06:10, David Wetzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> how is the current state of those?
>
> I did not see anything in the GNUstep wiki.
>
>    dispatch_async(dispatch_get_main_queue(),
>                   ^{
>
> does not seem to do anything on FreeBSD.
>
> Is there any up-to-date info?

It worked on FreeBSD last time I tried it.  Note that for this to work, you will also need to run the main queue at some point, and currently there isn’t an NSRunLoop version in GNUstep that uses libdispatch (it would be nice to have one).